hi, i'm abram stern (aphid). here is some stuff i am working on and/or stopped working on.
- oversight machines (works in progress, both in the sense that these are unfinished, but also in that they perform and produce work):
- smallest procedural utterance subtracts frames of videos, using thresholds of difference to find camera changes in hearings from the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. These camera changes correspond to speaker changes, thus generating a temporal map of discourse (currently broken?).
- operational character rendition performs ocr (optical character recognition) as an apophenic (mis)reading of unsearchable, low resolution documents published by the SSCI.
- overhearing (working title) identifies silences, gaps, and murmurs in spoken testimony, affect not encoded in the text versions of prepared remarks and official transcripts.
- illegible.us, a web scraper for SSCI hearing media and metadata; (code)
- gone gone gone a news performance, internet archive captions search, speech-to-text, html5 video, 2018
- rashomon project multi-perspective chronology for contested events with CITRIS Data and Democracy Initiative; demo; 02012+
- peer to pcast enables peer review of executive branch scientific testimony/presentations with Mark Deckert and Warren Sack; 02009-12
- metavid open archive of us legislative video with Michael Dale; 02005-11, see also
- ip collage additive IP address visualization (see also); 02001; 02009 (recode)
- charlie's ants participatory detournement; 02001